Our esteemed client has entrusted us with the responsibility of recruiting their new Assistant Site Superintendent. This presents a remarkable career opportunity for a seasoned construction specialist interested in joining a progressive and influential enterprise. The opportunity comes with a competitive remuneration and benefits package. We encourage interested individuals to contact us and explore this career opportunity.
- Assists in monitoring & supervision on-site construction staff and daily trade functions promoting and maximizing timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work. Facilitates regular meetings and/or tool box talks with staff and trades to communicate production and safety requirements.
- Conducts site walkthroughs to ensure deficiencies are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and the purchasers Design Options and Extras are complied with.
- Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and Mattamy Quality Standards communicates corrective action required to Superintendent
- Is proactive and actively assists in problem solving when job site or construction issues occur (falling behind schedule, quality of work, etc.) while complying with policy, plans and specification.
- Assists with managing the Production Schedule and maintains production targets and dates. Reinforces the importance of schedule adherence (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Mattamy mission, and safety and quality standards.
- Schedules, facilitates and/or attends necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors and Superintendent with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority. Implements corrective action when necessary.
- Assists with the management of maintenance of job site ensuring it is clean and aesthetically appealing while under construction.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
- 5 years of overall construction experience with a minimum of 3+ years of site supervision.
- Previous experience in multi-family (midrise) residential construction preferred.
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of construction processes.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Strong problem solver
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results including communicating issues as they arise.
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus.
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites.
$70,000 - $80,000 + benefits
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.