Looking for your next opportunity?! Our valued client is currently looking for a Switching Systems - Application Engineer to join their Communication and Infrastructure team! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
- Provide application engineering support including hardware/software and system integration to companies developing networking products on Broadcom switching fabric ASICs and PHY transmitters.
- Provide technical leadership to both the customer and our engineering team.
- Very good understanding of the networking & physical / data levels protocols
- Relevant experience in system (hardware / software) Integration
- Hands-on experience in SyncE / PTP design and troubleshooting
- Experience in debugging networking ports / SERDES / PCIe / DDR4
- Experience in HW design based on switching devices
- Experience as Application Engineer or Technical Support for Broadcom switches or similar devices
- Experience in board design, including schematics / layout / thermal
- Hands-on experience in signal / power integrity analysis
- Experience in transceivers applications
- Experience in using the Broadcom PHY chipsets or PHY driver development, such as I2C and MDIO
- Experience with C programming or Linux environment
Education and Experience:
- BSc or higher degree in EE/CE or equivalent
- 5+ year experience of hardware development
- 3+ year experience of hardware / software integration
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.