The Grid Writer creates written documents in response to clients’ RFx. Working with the recruitment and sales teams, the Gridl Writer develops Technical proposals in response to solicitation documents such as: Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Task Authorisations (TA).
The Grid Writer works in accordance with NFR’s Vision and Values (CHART: Communication, Honesty, Achievement, Relationships, Teamwork).
RESPONSIBLITIES & DUTIES
1. Responsibility: Monitor bid portals
- Review postings on bid portals (Buy & Sell, MERX, etc.) to identify applicable opportunities and, as appropriate, to ensure NFR is invited to relevant RFPs.
- Request to participate in the solicitation process as appropriate with NFR’s goals and focus areas.
2. Responsibility: Participate in solicitation reviews and determine response requirements
3. Responsibility: Develop candidate submissions and overall proposal
- Prepare a quick score matrix based on the solicitation’s statement of work/requirement and technical criteria (mandatory and point-rated).
- Participate in a meeting with the recruitment and sales team representatives to go over solicitation details; provide recommendations to help recruiters/account managers develop the recruitment strategy.
- Communicate with sales and management teams
4. Responsibility: Be a productive and positive member of the NFR Team
- Write, edit, and prepare TA responses, including matrices and resumes for final delivery.
- Review candidate profiles and resumes against the requirement matrices to confirm that the candidate matches client requirements.
- Conduct a gap analysis, review selected projects against the technical requirements, identify missing information, and prepare questions for candidates to fill in the gaps.
- Conduct research to gather necessary information, address gaps, eliminate project overlaps, and update candidate resumes to align them with client requirements.
- Fill in the pricing schedules.
- Populate technical matrices with relevant information, assembling technical and financial proposals.
- Perform thorough Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure the final response is in line with established style and level of quality.
5. Other Duties as Required
- Attend daily meetings to provide priorities and updates.
- Develop quarterly reports, recording wins and losses.
- Assist with training of recruitment and proposal team members as applicable.
Other Experience or Training:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Business/Human Resources, an asset.
- 2+ years of experience writing grids for public (i.e., government) and private sector clients.
- Experience using various office automation software, including MS Office Suite (MS Word – advanced, MS Excel – intermediate, MS Outlook/Calendar – advanced, SharePoint – intermediate).
- Good understanding and experience with an Applicant Tracking System and/or CRM systems.
- Proficient with Zoom, MS Teams and other video platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be eligible for a Government of Canada security clearance.
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.