Looking for your next opportunity?! Our Client is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
- Lead and manage a design team in the development of design and technical solutions through all phases of a project, from feasibility studies to construction documentation
- Work with clients to develop and implement the scope of work to achieve project goals.
- Design and specify normal power, emergency power, lighting and fire alarm systems
- Perform electrical load and distribution calculations
- Size equipment, lighting selection and power distribution
- Provide oversight and management of the production team preparing 2D and 3D construction document drawings through the use of AutoCAD and Revit modelling software
- Review engineering plans
- Prepare written reports and studies
- Interact and coordinate with clients
- Administer projects
- Conduct site visits during construction
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 15+ years experience in the construction industry.
- A passion to learn about the construction industry and the design of mechanical systems for buildings.
- An outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of quality standards relative to electrical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- Must possess knowledge of the Electrical Safety Code, Building Code regulations and design standards.
- Bilingual (French / English) is an asset.
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.