Looking for your next opportunity?! Our Client is currently looking for a Fibre Network Project Manager to join their team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
- Propose optimal fibre optic designs for a robust and cost-effective network build.
- Leverage fibre modeling and planning tools for the for design and capture of accurate records of all fibre network design elements.
- Leverage existing fibre network assets while introducing new technology and construction methods for optimal design and network growth.
- Evaluate fibre network design alternatives and make recommendations to optimize fibre usage and contain costs
- Interface with Outside Plant (OSP) vendors and contract design firms to estimate project costs and obtain quotes
- Liaise with the sales team to review and approve cost models for input on customer opportunities to ensure optimal return on investment and business growth
- Provide optimal technical fibre optic network design, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing to pre-sales and outside plant design teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with permit and right of way partners in the region
- Assist the Operations PM in the supervision of OSP vendor activity
- Document and maintain details in the GIS platform including circuit assignments, records, fibre availability, loopbacks, splicing, coupler locations, termination cabinets, panel locations, duct work and duct access locations.
- Provide engineering support for the operations and maintenance the fibre network
- Drafting work as it relates to Outside Plant design (single line diagrams, schematics, riser plans, etc) and the production of excerpts requested by coordinators, contractors, and clients.
- Establish an as designed vs as built processes between Fibre Network Planning and OSP Vendors
- Implement Hiboo Aerial/Buried fibre network planning & design guidelines while adhering to industry and third party standards where applicable
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant discipline
- 3 (Three) + years of experience as a Fibre Specialist or a Senior Fiber System Planner with network engineering and planning experience
- Experience in GIS database including mapping, planning, and establishing fibre network topologies and presenting in diagram / CAD format with Bill of Materials (BoM) and inventory updates
- Direct involvement in building fibre networks is required
- Experience with a major Telecom Service Provider or Cable Operator considered an asset
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.