Looking for your next opportunity?! Our Client is currently looking for a IT Deskside Support to join their team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
Provides expertise, support and executes various activities such as:
* Hardware/Software support to the entire Service Desk staff.
* Assist in planning any/all Service Desk changes/enhancements.
* Manage/execute special projects that require testing, installation, PC configuration, etc. (i.e. Windows 10, Shared Drive to GCDOCS, ICE upgrade, Access 2013, Additional Training Room, etc.).
* Backup the DR files on the USB sticks.
* Maintain physical Hardware Inventory - Headsets, Plantronics hardware, Laptops, Monitors, Plug & Display Link boxes, Kensington security cables, power bars, keyboards and mouse, etc.
* Label headsets, phones, desks, etc.
* Logging tickets to fix network and phone jacks.
* Logging tickets for hardware issues and at times take laptops from the service desk to the area downtown for replacement
* MCDC - 3 times/year (4-6 hours/day).
* Troubleshoot issues/moves (Phones, laptops, jacks, cables, etc.).
* Manage Contingency phone setup (Labels, etc.)
* Manage Ice Monitor laptop configuration/reset/restart
* Keeping spare hardware, to ensure staff at site are always functional
* Submitting requests for additional hardware as required, due to requirements and forecasted growth
* Completing full inventory of assets
4+ Years experience in Information Technology related positions
Experience in Incident and Service Management
Knowledge and practice with imaging processes as well as the ability to manage them.
Understanding of the layering account specific information on the images in order to prep for use by the staff.
Ability to work with IT Hardware and perform upgrades when required.
Great communication skills
DURATION: 8 months plus extension
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.