Looking for your next opportunity?! Our Client is currently looking for a Senior Research Software Developer
to join their team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
- Works as part of a senior member of a team of qualified developers, with the assistance of research computing specialists and other IT professionals, to create, install, configure, manage, and maintain research related software solutions for researchers.
- Meets with researchers to understand and match research needs with software solutions
- Completes the technical design, detailed specifications, programming system components, and system and integration testing for new applications
- Provides expertise to researchers on existing software, development environments, languages, libraries, methodologies and team recruitment
- Creates new software or extends, modifies, or integrates existing software as necessary to meet research needs
- 5+ years of software development and research computing experience in a research focused environment. Supervisory experience in an IT management position is an asset
- Knowledge of software development and ITS policies, procedures, and processes
- Excellent knowledge of modern software development methods, frameworks, environments, and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of AI and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of data science tools (e.g. Knime, RapidMiner, tensorflow)
- Solid understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques such as GLMs, decision trees, forests, boosted ensembles, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Web development experience (Asset)
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in computer science
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.