- The Procurement Support Work entails:
- Establish Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS) Project Reservations as well as reserved dues-in/dues-out and as required releases/issues from Reservation Bin Transfers in the CFSS and Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) as required;
- Provide support to the Procurement and Finance Manager to manage DRMIS changes pertaining to procurement documents;
- Assist in planning and implementing materiel provisioning and distribution;
- Conduct analysis of materiel consumption, trends, and demand volume and satisfaction rates;
- Manage Government Supply Material (GSM) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE);
- Manage customs, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Controlled Goods related issues;
- Act as liaison for all shipment and/or transportation activities with Inbound Logistic Europe Area (ILEA);
- Manage Equipment Check List (ECL);
- Manage Equipment Issue Scale (EIS); and
- Provide procurement specialist advice related to steady state in-service support requirement.
- The Supply Support Work entails:
- Provide material management support to the Equipment Support Management Section in performing all the Supply related activities in CFSS and DRMIS for assigned items;
- Conduct analysis of supply matters in support of maintenance, repair and overhaul activities as per A-LM-184-001/JS-001 and MMI 1500;
- Verify cataloguing data in the CFSS and DRMIS;
- Order materiel through the CFSS and DRMIS;
- Coordinate stock taking and bringing on charge of Initial Provisioning Spares and Special Tools and Test Equipment (STTE);
- With the assistance of Subject Matter Expert (SME), manage customs, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Controlled Goods related issues;
- Perform supply related activities in support of retrofits, configuration audits and validations, waivers and deviations;
- Carry out physical inspection of materiel at depot and/or Contractor Facilities;
- Respond to supply inquiries from depots, army units, contractors and other government departments;
- Provide expert guidance and direction on all supply related activities including packaging, marking and labeling issues; and
- Provide supply specialist advice related to steady state in-service support requirement using various CFSS reports (Recommended Order Buy/Selection Notice and Priority Summary /Outstanding High Priority Requisition Report).
- In addition to the requirements of the Monthly Reports (see the “Deliverables” section below), the Resource shall liaise verbally to the Technical Authority (TA) any special circumstance or events affecting the provision of the required services.
- Must have relevant education (high school, college or undergraduate degree) and 4+ years of procurement experience OR 8+ years of procurement experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience, within the last five (5) years, initiating and maintaining procurement data, managing nationally controlled stock, including inventory control and distribution using DRMIS or SAP Material Management Module.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in monitoring deliveries.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing Supply functions in support of a major armoured vehicle system at both national and local levels within and outside of Canada.
- Experience providing briefings and updates to management staff.
DURATION: 2 years, plus two 1-year options