Staff Optical Systems Architect
Looking to be a part of a distinguished company in your next career move!? Our key client is currently seeking a Staff Optical Systems Engineer to join the team here in Ottawa. If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and the opportunity to work within an environment like no other, we have the “game changing” opportunity you’ve been dreaming of!
- Investigation of transmission characteristics of long haul flex-grid line system including signal power/OSNR evolution and fiber nonlinearities
- Define and analyze the optical system architecture
- Experimental analysis of the impact of various optical impairments (including chromatic dispersion, PMD, PDL, polarization transients, filtering, crosstalk, nonlinearities) on coherent systems.
- Supporting the development of system design rules and performance models via optical transmission simulations
- Experimental validation of distributed, link-level optical control systems enabling automated optimization of system performance
- Own, maintain and continually evolve the in-house long haul transmission infrastructure
- Occasional support of high-complexity/new technology customer demonstrations
- Hands-on experience with DWDM transmission systems including coherent transponders, EDFAs, Raman amplifiers and ROADMs
- Knowledge of advanced coherent modulation formats including QPSK and 16QAM and practical experience in transmission in long haul systems
- Extensive experience with high-speed optical and electrical test and measurement equipment control and data acquisition
- Experience with long haul optical link design including power budgets, OSNR calculations, and transmission penalties
- Excellent programming skills, desire experience with VB.net and Python
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ph.D. in Optics/Engineering or M.S. in Optics/Engineering + 5 years of experience