Looking to join a national leader in the industry in your next career?! Our Client is currently seeking a Senior- Staff Coherent Optical Systems Architect
to join the team! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this next career move is a for you!
- Responsible for developing a leading coherent MODEM based on next-generation coherent photonic integrated circuits (PICs).
- You will work with early prototype line cards to get an initial look at product performance and provide rapid feedback to the PIC team.
- Performance characterization will include bandwidth measurements, OSNR tolerance, laser linewidth, and common-mode rejection ratio.
- Capturing coherent waveforms on a high-speed oscilloscope and performing coherent signal processing on waveforms and measuring bit-error rate performance in the presence of optical noise and other impairments. Of particular interest will be pushing to faster baud rates.
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics with minimum of 3 years of industrial experience in optical communications, photonics, high speed electronics or systems.
- Fundamental understanding of optical communication systems, DWDM transmission systems, photonic integrated components, electronic (integrated) circuits, and signal analysis and processing.
- Hands-on experience working with system-level optical communication hardware and components.
- Extensive understanding of coherent communications systems, including experience with QPSK, 16QAM, and 64QAM, as well as coding and forward error correction algorithms.
- Experience characterizing high-speed RF and mm-wave interconnects, amplifiers, and components.
- Characterization of RF/mm-wave systems, such as S parameter measurements, jitter measurements, and ADC/DAC performance and ENOB
- Hands-on experience with high-speed optical and electrical test, and measurement equipment control and data acquisition.
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, VB.net, or C is desired.
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.