Looking to join a national leader in the industry in your next role?! Our Client is currently seeking an Integration Specialist
to join the team here in Montreal! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Address open snags/SPRs through a variety of means.
- Address software and hardware issues on simulators that are post RFT.
- Perform investigations to isolate problems.
- Implement engineering software changes.
- Set up and coordinate efforts to address issues using remote support.
- In collaboration with the Customer Service Department, act as the key technical specialist in coordinating and deploying efforts to address open issues with Engineering.
- Participate in short term trips to customers for specific problem solving.
- Becoming a technical expert of a specific system but not limited to those listed: avionic, autopilot, navigation, ancillaries, ECS, QTG, flight, flight controls, engines, audio/sound/comms/acars, diagnostic tools, integration, visual interface.
- Be part of a team responsible for upgrading computers, avionics systems, visual systems and others on flight simulators.
- Take part in the development, integration and testing of communication tools between simulation software and interface instruments.
- Integration specialist in upgrade projects, main point of contact for customers and engineers for software problems.
- Provide supervision and technical support for software engineers in the integration of their systems.
- Transmit progress reports (identifying the state, risks, etc.) of the project to upper management
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of C, C ++ and FORTRAN programming languages and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of AIX, LINUX and Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of concepts specific to operating systems, computer architectures, aeronautical simulation software and the interface with on-board instruments.
- Experience in software integration
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool (eg Starteam).
- Ability to diagnose problems.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools used to debug the software (.NET and / or Windbg, DBX, GDB).
- Excellent communication skills in French and English is required
- Willingness to travel to customers. (15% to 25% of the time)
12 months + Possible Extensions
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.