MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Performs a set of tasks and facilitation techniques used to work as a partner among stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to meet its goals. In partnership with the Solution Architect, performs enterprise analysis prior to pursuing business specific solutions. Creates visual models, elicits, & documents requirements.
- Provides second level application services support to internal business users. Performs in depth research and identify sources of production issues. Investigates and documents root cause analysis of issues. Focused on the delivery of the service’s business outcomes and Key Performance Indicators, when determining work priorities.
- Work closely with business and technology partners in identifying process improvement opportunities. Build and foster relationships across multiple workgroups and scrum teams.
- Provides impact analysis of process and technical change requests to existing service. Analyzes impact of Information Technology environment changes and upgrades on the application services and coordinates testing and change management. Analyzes trends in application support tickets and executes problem management practices to eliminate recurring incidents. Assists in the development and execution of test plans, and documents results as necessary. Maintains system documentation.
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience.
- Client Management: Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables
- 3 or more years Business analysis and software support. Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication, including written, verbal and presentation skills. (Required)
- 3 or more years Digital applications experience, Design thinking, Backlog management, Service integration design skills, BPM modelling (Required)
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology (Required)
- Value management : can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies
- Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations
OVERALL SKILLS - ABILITIES:
- Academic: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field. (Required)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), Project Management Professional (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
- Excellent ideation and problem solving skills
- Team focused and success driven. Ability to adapt to changing Digital landscape
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks
- Understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories
MUST hold a valid Reliability level federal government security clearance
6 months plus extensions