- Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative
- Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles
- Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented
- Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security
- Recognize opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and take ownership of resolving issues/conflicts
- Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches
- Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure.
- Producing information models that represent the business problem to be solved regarding data content, data relationships and structure
- Developing data management standards and practices, especially those which ensure data quality and data integrity across the corporation as part of the identification and definition of cross-enterprise data entities
- Providing guidance and consultation to individuals and groups to ensure on-going projects and initiatives are in alignment with the corporate data architecture standards
- Understanding business requirements and mapping them to the enterprise data and process models
- Clearly articulating pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Documenting use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Explaining the work in plain language for management
- Designs data architectures, designs and builds complex relational databases and data warehouses.
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Develops Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and, where possible, the reuse of data.
- Provides expertise and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met.
Experience & Skills requirements:
- Established and recognized area(s) of expertise in Data Management
- Relationship management with reports, peers, clients
- End-to-end vision encompassing lateral thinking
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- 5-10 yrs - Extensive position related experience required
- 5+ years of experience in architecture leadership
- Candidate who have previous experience with IBM Infosphere Datastage and MS SQL will be preferred.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Information Technology related certifications may be beneficial in area of expertise
MUST hold a valid Reliability level federal government security clearance
12 months plus possible extensions