Our client in Chalk River is looking for a driven and autonomous Cognos BI Architect
that is interested in delivering a product that helps consumers make more intelligent decisions. If you enjoy seeing almost immediate results from your work, you are looking to join a national leader in the industry and you fulfill the following qualifications, this is the role for you.
- Utilize expert knowledge of Cognos Analytics 11, Cognos Framework Manager and any associated technologies to assist the IT Systems and Architecture Team to support the COGNOS Business Intelligence environment
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and troubleshooting reports in Cognos Analytics 11
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a Financial and Project Management Data Architecture Map
- Review and provide suggestions to improve the use of data models inside Cognos Framework
- Review and help implemented new Data models for Cognos based on Business Requirements
- Work closely with the BI Governance Council and IT to ensure that Business Requirements are being met within the application in an optimized manner.
- Help IT with upgrading Transformer Cubes for use in Cognos Analytics 11 as a source.
- Investigate, Document and implement system improvements and efficiencies
- Participate as a subject matter expert on project teams to deliver new items for Business Intelligence reporting
- Participate in creation and execution of test cases to support new COGNOS implementations or processes.
- Work closely database administrators to resolve escalated technical issues.
- 5+ years working as a COGNOS Data Architect
- 3+ years’ experience with Cognos Framework Manager
- 3+ years’ experience with Cognos Analytics 11
- Experience creating reports and troubleshooting reporting issues in Cognos Analytics 11
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting data sources in Cognos Framework. (Types of Data: Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience in upgrading Transformer Cubes for use in Cognos Analytics 11 as a source
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.