OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
Experience & Requirements:
- Interpersonal skills, and proven to flourish working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and
- Ability to work closely with product owners, delivery primes, developers to understand test requirements
- Takes responsibility for completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed.
- Assists with functional and technical test case and script design reviews.
- Creates automated test scripts for change requests and project changes
- Converts requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology.
- Performs end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensures fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met.
- Drives the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improves effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute.
- Performs defect tracking and coordinates test automation related activities.
- Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings.
- Recommends adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements.
- Communicates test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties.
- Works closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach.
- Participates in product readiness and release decisions and provides test sign-off documentation.
Nice to have:
- Academic: undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience (required).
- 2+ years’ experience in test automation
- 2+ years’ experience in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements.
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting both application specific and integrated end-to-end automated test cases, scripts, and scenarios.
- Familiar with current technologies including web and mobile development platforms, automation tools, web services.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Selenium Grid, Xpath, Page Objects, Junit/TestNG.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and configuration management processes
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, GitHub, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, Jira.
- Experience with continuous testing environment.
- Experience with test management tools, like Zephyr, qmetry, qtest, ALM, etc.
MUST hold a valid Reliability level (or higher) federal government security clearance
12 months plus possible extensions