• 5+ years of industry experience developing mobile Android Apps
• An impressive Android project (or several) in the app store
• Strong experience with Java and JSON
• Experience with Kotlin
• Experience crafting and building user interfaces for both Android smartphones and tablets
• Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
• Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities
• Stay current and competitive by keeping up-to-date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations
• Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members.
• Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle.
• Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with your team.
• You are someone who is not afraid to bring ideas to the table and possess strong communication and collaboration skills
• 5+ years’ experience of development in languages that include Java and JSON
• 3+ years experience in Android development utilizing Material Design, Android Studio and SQLite database experience
• 3+ years’ experience driving and supporting the development of new mobile capabilities and features based on current market trends and implementation
• 3+ years with build and version control systems such as GIT and Android SDK build tools
• 5+ years’ experience acting as mobile and technology expert to support LOBs roadmap and help to solve business problems/objectives
• Development experience includes unit testing and ensuring testing code coverage
• Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful and SOAP webservices
• Experience in cloud solutions to enhance technology solutions (push notifications through amazon SNS)
• Experience in iOS development
• Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth
• Experience with automation/CI tools to support continuous integration
• Experience in development and support cloud through Amazon cloud services
Security Requirement: MUST hold a valid Reliability level (or higher) federal government security clearance
Duration: 12 months plus possible extensions