Our client is seeking a Systems Specialist to assist the Systems Manager in NetOps duties and provide cloud architecture expertise and support to their portfolio of web properties.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for preparing new or changed server systems, instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into server application performance and understand emerging issues.
- You will help with planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities, and interactive web solutions. You will work closely with developers to ensure on-time delivery of services.
- This role will be divided approximately 70% server and process management, and 30% component of hands-on development and coding.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, Virtual IP, VPN, network protocols, VM, etc.
- Skilled in server management including capacity planning and monitoring
- Understand SQL database optimization, replication, cluster and backup
- Experience with Linux, Apache, My SQL, WordPress and PHP.
- Knowledge of data modelling designs and concepts
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux/Unix systems (RHEL, CentOS) administration, including the design, implementation, ongoing administration, optimization, and support of critical systems
- 2+ years’ experience in managing web server, database server, DNS server, mail server, file server, caching server, and proxy servers
- 2+ years’ experience in managing, developing and optimizing LAMP environment with very strong Shell scripting skills
- 2+ years’ experience in Amazon Web Services and Rack Space Cloud
- 2+ years hands-on experience (or equivalent) creating data-driven apps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience