NewFound Recruiting Corporation
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join our Business Development Team. As a Proposal Manager, you provide support to the Business Development Team actively participating in the proposal management process and authoring content for proposals and other marketing material. In the role, you will manage the activity of a Recruitment Team and oversee the proposal process from start to finish. This role requires a strong ability to coordinate and communicate with different groups and personalities as well as communicate in both technical and non-technical terms.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Drive the strategic communications process for all Federal Government proposal activity
- Research, write and edit standard and customized winning proposals which will include corporate marketing content, technical resume content and/or question and answer development
- Manage Federal Government procurement vehicles (TBIPS, TSPS, ProServices, THS) including completing refreshes for these vehicles
- Participate in win strategies, go/no go, and pricing strategy
- Actively drive the pursuit as part of the proposal management process which includes the coordination of information from contributors and follow-up on action items to achieve a coordinated team effort
- Contribute and/or facilitate meetings with bid response team members (Executive Management, Recruitment Teams, Sales Teams and Administration Staff)
- Monitor the progress of all proposal activity for adherence to deadlines and quality standards as well as ensuring brand compliance
- Manage multiple proposals/priorities simultaneously
- Review final proposal document for quality, format and content
- Serve as a liaison between the proposal and other support functions
- Exceptional writing, grammar and editing skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Knowledge of various technologies and strong understanding of how to write a compliant technical resume
- Strong business acumen
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline-driven
- Strong project management skills, the ability to establish priorities, set and manage schedules, and coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a related field (technical writing, marketing, business etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional services environment with a focus on Federal Government responses using procurement vehicles including TBIPS Tier 1 and Tier 2, THS SO and SA, TSPS, and ProServices. Further experience working in a JV environment would be considered an asset as well as experience with the City of Ottawa and Merx.
- Minimum 3 years of proposal management experience. This should include setting timelines, tracking progress, communicating with senior management, responsibility for recruiter activity, research on Buy and Sell, submissions through Merx, hand deliver and email submissions, procurement vehicle refreshes, communication with procurement and logging and analyzing proposal data and outcomes.
- Minimum 3 years of proposal development experience. This should include communicating with technical and non-technical consultants and other SMEs to gather content, resume writing and editing, mandatory and rated matrix development, corporate content development and strong skills in MS Word and MS Excel.