View all jobs
Architecture - ETL Developer - IntermediateOttawa, ON
MUST Have Qualifications:
- Develop and test ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- Perform data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings.
- Load target data bases using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Monitor loads and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Meet with ETL Design and Project Leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Participate in the design sessions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements.
- Develop test scenarios and perform in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews.
- Define ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as develop ETL run book.
- Understand and develop ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document) or User Stories.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work-related experience.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in relational databases, ETL, and Data Warehousing technologies such as IBM infosphere tool suite (DataStage & QualityStage).
- 1+ years ETL design and development with one or more leading ETL products and solutions
- 2+ years developing or architecting application systems
- 1+ year with Data Warehousing, Data Integration, ETL tools, Data Quality tools, Databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent design documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple platforms and formats, including SSIS, DataStage, structured and unstructured data
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple data platforms including but not limited to SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Cloud Unstructured database services
- Demonstrated EDW process and design methodology.
- Demonstrated agile development and modelling abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise design methodology
- MUST hold a valid Reliability level federal government security clearance
- 1+ year experience in PL/SQL development.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience in Teradata
- Experience in IBM DataStage and Data Warehousing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud & hybrid on premise design fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge with data modelling tools.
7 months plus extensions